Passing the buck is no SOLUTION but one ought to develop the habit of seeing the full picture with the intention to HELP only


In the interests of one and all ...


My dear countrymen!

Once an exporter dispatched one consignment to a foreign destination against irrevocable letter of credit and based on dispatch documents already realised payments as per the terms. After a few months exporter came to know that goods not reached the consignee ( the customer). The deal is incomplete, though the consignor dispatched the goods in time and got the payment also but due to transit loss or some unknown reasons goods not reached the consignee. Hence the dispute started. The deal will only be treated as complete when customers received the goods in time of which he had already made the advance payment. Simply put both the parties must be satisfied with the deal, which is not the case here, most basic of any business to flourish on long term basis.

To eliminate this problem, MNC like Philips takes due precautions and their goods are fully transit ensured until reached the destination, finally to customers intact.

Working in Nehru Place I usually pay my telephone bill by cheque through the bank. Though bill Amount debited, I was sure payment must have reached MTNL. But it was showing as unpaid in my next bill and it was appeared as outstanding in my second bill also. On taking up the matter with DGM, I came to know the bill is still pending as MTNL had not received the payment from the bank. When I informed him about my payment to bank, he asked me to contact the bank for its lapse and deficiency in service.

I boarded the Mumbai-Delhi Rajdhani Express at Valsad. Immediately came the TTE, unfortunately, my identity was not matching with the identification given in his chart, he declared me without ticket and going to charge me and demanding fare with penalties. First, I tried my best to explain him there may be a typographical error from any one, either from my side or from Railway. But he was adamant and not listening to my any request but simply interested to fine me. Other passengers were also taking side of TTE for his helplessness, I fired them not to poke their nose unnecessarily. Also warned the TTE with great consequences if ventured to harass me any more, a genuine passenger and that too in Rajdhani Express. 

Immediately, he had gone that time with a warning to return soon. Meanwhile, instruct me to arrange money. Since I have had the Railway background, I was fearless and I had come across many such cases in past in course of my journey by trains throughout India , I contacted one of my known fellows in N. E. Railway Gorakhpur. (UP), who could help me out in such emergency. He just asked me my coach number and train number and assured me to relax, he (TTE) would not turn up. Yes! indeed, he had not come to me again. I wondered, If I had not protested strongly, I could have lost about 7000/- rupees.

Next morning many passengers came to me who were charged on the same ground of without tickets due to some minor mistakes of mismatching in identification numbers but they all got their confirmed tickets through agents. May be some genuine some fake but the question is had they tried and fought to the end? Because I got my booking through my son, so I had the moral courage to fight to the last.

Recently, I bought some sweets from most reputed sweet shop at Dwarka, New Delhi through the debit card. Since there were some problems, I took back the card and paid cash. On reaching home I received a message from the bank that amount has already been debited from my account. 

I contacted the shop Manager for the return of money paid in duplicate. Instead of returning the money he by checking at his end told me that he had not received the amount through the card. He advised me to contact my bank manager. 

I contacted the Manager with my pass book up to date entry. First, he also refused to help with a plea that he had no control of on line transactions as they are operated through a separate office hence he could not help in any manner whatsoever. When  I showed him the entry of Aggrawal in the pass book he told it is enough to take the money back from the shopkeeper.

On again reaching him (shop manager), for our money back, first he tried his best to refuse on some grounds and objected that there is no full mention of his shop's name, only Aggrawal is mentioned there and there may be many Aggrawals .......etc. When I persuaded him angrily then he reluctantly favoured me with eatables only but not with cash. 

This is how our pathetic systems work here in India with such poor mentality of people who are instead of helping the genuine and aggrieved persons kept on passing the buck on others till last moments. But situations may change favourably if we are ready to take up the case to its logical conclusions.


Jai Hind.




Writer- Sinha.P.K. Views expressed are strictly personal. Feedback / Criticism welcome at Email -pkmsinha@gmail.com or follow @ pkmsinha.blogspot.in

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

QATAR- A scar on the big face of Saudi and its Gulf allies

Rather, Election should be held frequently, every third year at the most...

Women empowerment; It brings prosperity & misery both. It's natural, one must welcome it...